The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides a one-time per season payment to household's primary heat source utility company. It is designed to help with the extra winter heat costs for each eligible household.
Currently the program is available November 1 through January 31st, depending on funding availability. Crisis Funding may be available outside of this time period.
Participants may apply for Energy Assistance via phone, if the participant is receiving SNAP benefits. Also by email, mail, in person or via the online client portal.
- If you prefer email, please call our office or email email@example.com to request an application be emailed to you. Please email your completed application and Privacy Act and Information Release form, along with income verification and heating and electric bills to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer mail, please call our office to equest an application be mailed to you. Mail your completed application and Privacy Act and Information Release form, along with income verification and heating and electric bills to SCCAP, Attention: LIHEAP, PO Box 531, Twin Falls, ID 83303
- To apply via the online client portal, please email email@example.com or call the office to request a user name and password. The URL for the client portal is http://www.idaholiheap.org/ (Please note, all required documentation must be uploaded into the portal to process application.)
Things you will need to bring to your appointment:
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Last 30 days proof of income for the entire household
- Your latest heating bill with account number and address
- Your latest electric bill (if differs from heating bill) with account number and address